1. Pampas Chardonnay/Torrontes, Mendoza, Argentina 13% £14.95 – This has a lovely balance between the tropical, rounded Chardonnay and floral crispness from the Torrontes grapes. Great value, everyday drinking wine.
2. Ladera Verde Sauvignon, Valle Central, Chile 12.5% £14.95 – Crisp and fresh with limey fruit, a hint of herbs and a twist of melon. Typically dependable and friendly, and an excellent introduction to Chile.
3. Rowland’s Brook Pinot Grigio, South Eastern Australia 12.5% £14.95 – Fresh, dry and crisp dry white with good lemony fruit and easy, accessible style.
4. Rioja Vega Viura Blanco, Rioja, Spain 13.0% £16.95 – A light fragrant Rioja made from the Viura grape variety. Youthful fruity citrus flavours with a fresh clean with hints of herbs on the finish, this is un-oaked and juicy.
5. Alto Pampas del Sur Viognier, Mendoza, Argentina 13.5% £16.95 – With very ripe, apricot-like Viognier fruit this is full, flavoursome and wrapped in Argentinean sunshine! It is more full-bodied than many European examples.
6. Woolloomooloo White (Chenin/Verdelho/Chardonnay), South Eastern Australia 12.5% £17.95 – Soft and gentle with a ripe creamy character underlying some tropical fruits such as melon, apricots and mango and a smooth finish.
7. Picpoul de Pinet, Domaine des Lauriers, Coteaux du Languedoc, France 13.0% £19.95 – Try this instead of your Chablis or Sauvignon. Fresh, lean, steely, mineral and bone dry. The perfect match for seafood.
8. Wroxeter Roman Vineyard Madeleine Angevine, Medium Dry, Shropshire 11.5% £19.95 – A sweet and flowery nose combines with an appley character. This is produced at an old Roman village near Shrewsbury.
9. Tummil Flat Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand 13.0% £23.95 – Classic Kiwi Sauvignon, fresh, crisp, full of gooseberry and nettle fruit with great poise and elegance.
10. Chablis le Classique, Pascal Bouchard, France 12.5% £31.95 – A classic Chablis with freshness, minerality and good weight from an excellent producer.Pascal and Romain Bouchard make fresh, characterful wines in a modern winery from grapes both from their own domaine and bought in.
11. Pouilly-Fuissé, Cuvée vieilles vignes, N et M Guerrin, France 13.0% £45.00 – Grapes from low yielding, 45 year-old vines make a beautifully intense yet elegant Pouilly-Fuissé, the top wine from grower Maurice Guerrin. He ferments it in barrel, working the lees to give roundness and a yeasty, dry finish.
12. Pinot Grigio Rosé, Provincia di Pavia IGT, Ca’ Solare, Italy 12.5% £15.95 – A very easy drinking rosé with fragrant summer fruits on the nose followed by a soft fruity palate.
13. Foxcover White Zinfandel, California, USA 10.0% £16.95 – Coral pink in colour. Delicate and refreshing with soft fruit flavours of strawberries and peaches.
14. Santa Digna Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé Reserva, Valle Central, Miguel Torres, Chile 13.5% £21.95 – Impressively concentrated, just about dry and very ripe, absolutely full of rich blackcurrant fruit.
15. Ladera Verde Merlot, Valle Central, Chile 12.0% £14.95 – This has lovely plummy Merlot fruit with a ripeness that is so typical of Chile.
16. Wide River Shiraz, Robertson, South Africa 13.0% £14.95 – Juicy blackcurrant mixes well with spicy pepper, fabulously good.
17. Alto Pampas del Sur Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina 14.0% £16.95 – A rich, full red with lovely damson and plum fruits. Soft tannins with a subtle hint of underlying oak.
18. Rioja Vega Tempranillo, Black Label, Spain 13.5% £17.95 – A soft, fruity wine with plum and blackcurrant flavours, vibrant and juicy.
19. Alto Pampas del Sur Pinot Noir, Mendoza, Argentina 13.5% £17.95 – Softly styled with intense blackberry fruit and mocha coffee notes.
20. Woolloomooloo Red (Shiraz/Cabernet), South Eastern Australia 12.5% £17.95 – Blackcurrant and plum aromas earthy tones and spicy fruit.
21. Angel’s Flight Red Zinfandel, California, USA 14.0% £18.95 – Delicious raspberry, strawberry and blackberry fruit flavours. Soft tannins on the palate compliment the classic varietal character.
22. Tanners Claret, Bordeaux, France 13.0% £19.95 – Succulent and juicy for which it is renowned, while still retaining its classic balance and style.
23. Chianti Colli Senesi DOCG, Geografico, Italy 13.5% £20.95 – This is textbook Chianti, medium in body with mild tannins and flavours of cherry and sweet spices.
24. Massaya Classic, Bekaa Valley, Lebanon 15.0% £26.95 – Spice, blackberry, red fruit and ripe tannins.
25. Fleurie, Domaine de la Viroylette, J Charlet, France 13.0% £27.95 – A delicious example of this famous village that provides all that the name suggests; fragrant, floral and feminine.
26. Château La Tour de By, Médoc, France 13.0% £49.00 – Supple blackcurrant fruit and well-balanced oak.
SPARKLING WINES & CHAMPAGNE
27. Prosecco Frizzante, Treviso, Fabio Ceschin, Italy 10.5% £22.95 – Really pretty floral aromatics lead to crisp apple and rich peach fruit, in this gently sparkling and juicy fizz from northern Italy.
28. Pinot Grigio Rosé Spumante, Vetriano, Italy 12.5% £22.95 – Fresh, inviting wine with easy strawberry and summer fruit flavours. Clean and easy to drink, this is a good value sparkler from Vetriano.
29. Tanners Brut Extra Réserve Champagne, France 12.0% £43.00 – A finely structured, fruit-driven style with an impression of white flowers, fleshy stone fruits and toast.
30. Château Le Fagé Monbazillac, France – Half 13.0% £16.95 – This is a luscious dessert wine, brimming with ripe botrytised fruit, both complex and intense. François Gerardin and son, Benoit, cultivate 40 hectares of rolling vineyard near Bergerac.
31. Elysium Black Muscat, Quady, USA – Half 15.0% £25.95 – Elysium is used to either accompany or replace dessert. It is wonderful with blue cheeses, with desserts containing red fruits (such as Summer Pudding, an English favourite), with vanilla, with dark chocolate, with ice cream desserts, and candlelight.